With Cape Town’s spectacular setting, cosmopolitan vibe and African roots, this city has a certain special something for even the most blasé traveller.
While Cape Town manages to combine First World flair with a palpable Third World energy, its striking natural beauty is truly staggering to behold: with the Atlantic on its doorstep, Table Mountain overseeing goings-on in the City Bowl, and the majestic Winelands, there is much to occupy any level of outdoor enthusiast.
The Cape Town city guide includes:
- Full-colour photography, using original imagery to give a real sense of the place
- Handy pull-out Cape Town map
- Extensive area guides not only cover the sightseeing in Cape Town, but also restaurants, bars and shops – all plotted on maps handily located within the chapter
- Top 20 list of the must-see highlights
- Itineraries to help you plan your visit
- Critic’s choices pick out the best Cape Town sights, experiences and cultural highlights – at a glance
- All Cape Town restaurants and bars have been visited and reviewed anonymously by critics who pay their own way
- Cape Town hotels independently reviewed