The Time Out Lisbon City Guide covers the latest openings and trends in Portugal’s most vibrant city. Guiding readers round the places that have always marked the capital as unique: world-class art galleries; bars and clubs where you can dance until dawn; decades-old family-run restaurants, and cocktail bars.
Practical matters from transport to etiquette are explained, and various features cover the historical and cultural aspects that define the city, from its architecture to its traditional cuisine. Picturesque towns, cities and beaches a mere train ride away, such as Sintra, Cabo da Roca and Guincho are also covered.
- Full coverage of iconic sights, including the Mosteiros dos Jéronimos, Castelo de São Jorge and the Praça de Comercio, but also reviews of lesser-known attractions, such as food markets, miradouros and beaches.
- Reviews of restaurants, bars and shops, selected by our expert authors, accompanied by features on eating, drinking and shopping in the city.
- Detailed street maps for each area of the city showing sights, restaurants, bars and shops.
- Details of the city’s cultural life: classical music, theatre, art, nightclubs and fado.
- Itineraries to guide you through the city’s tumbling historic streets and along the fascinating waterfront.
- Extensive coverage of Lisbon’s numerous art and cultural centres.
- In-depth analysis of the city’s fascinating history, architecture and current affairs.