The Time Out Madrid guide covers the latest openings and trends in Spain’s most vibrant city, while guiding readers round the places that have always marked the capital as unique: the triumvirate of world-class art galleries; bars and clubs where you can dance until dawn; decades-old family-run restaurants, and cocktail bars once frequented by Hemingway and his starlet friends.
Practical matters from transport to etiquette are explained, and various features cover the historical and cultural aspects that define the city, from its architecture to its cinematic tradition. Picturesque towns and cities a mere train ride away, such as Segovia, Aranjuez and Toledo, are also covered.
Key features of the city guide:
- Written by an unrivalled network of local experts to give visitors the very best city experience
- Chapters are arranged by area with colour coding and a local map for each section, helping readers navigate the guide and the city with ease
- Hundreds of hand-picked restaurants, cafes and bars that have been visited and reviewed anonymously by critics who pay their own way
- A range of magazine-style feature articles really help readers get a feel for the local vibe, main attractions and brilliant itineraries
- Includes a pull-out city map to help visitors navigate their way between the sights